Reports to: VP, Products
Based in: Kanata, Ontario, Canada
Term: Full time
Do you have a knack for translating customer vision into an engineering reality? Do you have a deep understanding of and passion for customer scenarios, with an eye towards removing roadblocks and increasing adoption?
We’re currently seeking a highly motivated Product Manager who is looking to join a market leading organization. Reporting to the Vice President, Products, the PM role will work in conjunction with the VP on a variety of new product initiatives. The Product Manager will be a key link between understanding the customer use case for our products and translating that vision into an engineering reality through R&D.
- Partner with the VP of Products to develop, manage and realize product roadmaps
- Develop and articulate requirements for a variety of instrumentation and software products based on intimate understanding of customer use cases and market data
- Develop and communicate product requirements to meet customer expectations, bring benefit to the customer and achieve business objectives, articulating the investment scope, aim, motivation, business value, product deliverables and timelines
- Collaboratively manage complicated projects involving multiple teams to launch products on schedule
- Drive product-line roadmap definitions with various partners, stakeholders, executives and teams
- Anticipate risks throughout the project (timeline, budget, customer needs); assess, mitigate and manage accordingly
- Organize and present projects through the product development lifecycle from inception through production, coordinating between cross-functional teams and managing the gate process
- Review key metrics, analyses and trends to continuously improve customer satisfaction and business performance
- Provide sales and marketing support, including business-level discussions and detailed product and technical meetings with customers
- Conduct program reviews/status to R&D, business and senior management
- Support the development of documentation and internal training materials in support of release, marketing and sales efforts
- Support the development of user documentation and customer training materials
- Other duties as assigned
- Exceptional communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong customer relationships
- Demonstrated passion for the voice of the customer
- Demonstrated ability and desire to collaboratively work cross functionally to achieve corporate objectives
- A deep understanding and passion for customer scenarios, with an eye towards removing roadblocks and increasing adoption
- Strong critical thinking abilities and multitasking skills, with the ability to make important decisions quickly and independently.
- BEng or technologist diploma in Computer Engineering Technology, Computer Systems Engineering or Computer Science.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a product management position, including multiple product release experience
- Previous management experience is an asset
- Proven experience successfully operating in a global, matrixed environment required
- Understanding of product and technology space
- Demonstrated track record of exceeding established goals on a consistent basis
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and navigate through uncertain situations in pursuit of clarity
- Strong problem solving, data-driven and decision-making skills required
- Must think strategically about product and business issues
- Expert in product development life-cycle management methodologies
Why work at Nanometrics?
We create innovative software and systems for detecting and monitoring seismic activity. For over 30 years our products have helped leading researchers and scientific organizations conduct earthquake research. We’re also a world leader in natural disaster warning systems, nuclear non-proliferation monitoring and induced seismic activity detection. Our systems are deployed on every continent and in some of the most remote and harsh environments on Earth, from deserts and mountains, to the Arctic and the bottom of the ocean.
Outstanding people: Collaborate with the industry’s top minds
Work with a purpose: The opportunity to make a difference with work that has a global impact
Excellent benefits: RRSP matching, health/dental benefits and education assistance
Strong work/life balance: Located on the edge of the Greenbelt, close to biking paths and bus routes, and a short commute to many nearby residential areas
Nanometrics is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Nanometrics is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.