Reports to: Director of Operations
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Nanometrics is currently seeking a Quality Engineer to join our complex, expanding production team. The incumbent’s primary focus is on driving a learning culture where corrective action and continuous improvement are applied to everything we do. The incumbent will work closely with supply chain to drive vendor quality, document and audit quality controls, drive learning and feedback mechanisms, capture and analyze quality KPI’s and drive changes to ensure quality standards are maintained or improved.
This is an excellent career opportunity for an analytical yet practical self-starter.
● Ensure suppliers are held accountable to quality standards
● Identify what’s critical to quality (CTQ), and ensure controls are in place to achieve the highest levels of quality, internally and throughout the supply chain.
● Lead root cause and corrective action analyses related to quality concerns.
● Create internal feedback loops. Ensure quality data is captured and presented to internal stakeholders, to ensure future designs incorporate DFM/DFA concepts.
● Create a learning culture, where we learn from issues, and ensure we do not see the same issue twice.
● Prepare quality KPIs for internal reporting, as well as quarterly reviews with key suppliers.
● Work with R&D on NPI projects to ensure manufacturability and high-yielding products are introduced into production.
● Assist in qualifying new suppliers via quality audits.
● Report on cost of quality, and ultimately formulate strategies to improve the cost of quality.
● Analyze RMA data for trends and feedback to R&D/Operations for continuous improvement.
● Customer focused
● Strong communicator
● Sound judgement
● Results focused
● University Degree in a related field (Engineering, Science, etc.).
● Experience with quality standards and quality management guidelines is an asset (e.g. ISO9001, AS9100, etc.)
● Minimum of 5 years of experience in quality-related roles.
● Strong business acumen with the ability to make smart business decisions.
● Ability to lead projects and to influence peers without a direct reporting relationship.
● Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship management skills.
Submit your resume by email to: email@example.com No phone calls please.
Nanometrics is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Nanometrics is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.