Reports to: Director of Operations
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Are you committed to quality and continuous improvement? Are you interested in a career with a local company that has a global impact?
Nanometrics is currently looking for a Quality Engineer to join our expanding production team. Our ideal candidate is an analytical yet practical self-starter with experience creating a learning culture focused on continuous improvement, who can help us learn from issues and ensure we don’t see the same issue twice.
- Work closely with our supply chain to drive vendor quality and ensure suppliers are held accountable to quality standards
- Lead root cause and corrective action analyses related to quality concerns
- Identify what’s critical to quality (CTQ), and ensure controls are in place to achieve the highest levels of quality, internally and throughout the supply chain
- Create internal feedback loops.
- Ensure quality data is captured and presented to internal stakeholders, to ensure future designs incorporate DFM/DFA concepts·
- Prepare quality KPIs for internal reporting, as well as quarterly reviews with key suppliers
- Work with R&D on NPI projects to ensure manufacturability and high-yielding products are introduced into production
- Assist in qualifying new suppliers via quality audits
- Report on cost of quality, and ultimately formulate strategies to improve the cost of quality
- Analyze RMA data for trends and feedback to R&D/Operations for continuous improvement
- University Degree in a related field (Engineering, Science, etc.)Experience with quality standards and quality management guidelines is an asset (e.g. ISO9001, AS9100, etc.)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in quality-related roles
- Strong business acumen with the ability to make smart business decisions
- Ability to lead projects and to influence peers without a direct reporting relationship
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship management skillsOutstanding people: Collaborate with the industry’s top minds
Why work at Nanometrics?
Nanometrics is a world-class provider of precision instrumentation, network technology and software applications for the study and monitoring of regional, national and global seismicity, natural resource exploration, environmental data communications, and other scientific applications. For over 30 years our products have helped leading researchers and scientific organizations conduct earthquake research. We’re also a world leader in natural disaster warning systems, nuclear non-proliferation monitoring and induced seismic activity detection. Our systems are deployed on every continent and in some of the most remote and harsh environments on Earth, from deserts and mountains, to the Arctic and the bottom of the ocean.
Outstanding people: Collaborate with the industry’s top minds
Work with a purpose: The opportunity to make a difference with work that has a global impact
Excellent benefits: RRSP matching, health/dental benefits and education assistance
Strong work/life balance: Located on the edge of the Greenbelt, close to biking paths and bus routes, and a short commute to many nearby residential areas
Nanometrics is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Nanometrics is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.